Wymondham Baptist Church is an independent church, subscribing to the Eastern Baptist Association and the Baptist Union. Historically the international Baptist Church was formed 400 years ago based on a commitment to following the example of Jesus being baptised.
In Wymondham we have been worshipping together since 1796, starting in a property on Friarscroft Lane. The fellowship built our present building on Queen Street in 1910, as described in this EDP article on the event of our 100-year anniversary.
Our pastor Paul Smith has been leading us since 2012. We are a small but tightly-knit group of local people who work closely together.